Every new school year I spend money on stress balls to give to students. This year I attempted to be creative and try to make my own. I found this awesome idea on: Somewhat Simple Blog.I decided to use Star Wars themed balloons because I thought the kids would really like it and also they were at the Dollar Tree for $1 (love that place).
The steps are simple:
1. Roll play-doh into very thin pieces, the thinner the better, and keep them short.
2. Hold balloon open, much easier if someone helps you with this part.
3. Drop VERY thin pieces of rolled play-doh into balloon. (the thinner the easier to get in there)
4. Jiggle balloon around till the piece is out of the balloon entry way.
5. Squish play-doh to be at the bottom of balloon and flat. (Be very careful not to get any play-doh stuck in the entryway of the balloon, it will make it impossible to put any more in there).
6. Once you have enough play-doh in there, tie the balloon closed.
And there you go, your own squishy stress ball for your students or for you (especially since its back to school time). You can use different colored or themed balloons to mix it up.
Side note: I have found over time that the play-doh hardens but mine lasted the full school year.