Social-emotional learning winter activity that focuses on perspective-taking and empathy. This seasonal themed activity includes a digital version for use with Google Slides and also makes for a great bulletin board. Students will read the given scenarios and answer the questions, attempting to put themselves in someone else's shoes.
This activity takes about 30 minutes to complete with a small or large group. The goal is for students to practice having empathy and perspective-taking skills.
- Activity description including instructions/walk-through of activity, objectives, materials, guiding questions, SEL competencies, and ASCA standards.
- Ways to show empathy.
- 3 different Winter-themed characters to write on how you can show empathy.
- 2 formats included: Handout version (best for older students): 6 pages of scenarios with empathy-driven questions.
- Workbook version (best for younger students): 13 pages of scenarios with empathy-driven questions.
- Powerpoint presentation: All scenarios included in a presentation format.
- Black and white versions included.
- Google Classroom version, the link to access this resource on Google Drive and instructions for use is on page 50.
▶️Where can I find the google classroom link?
Google slides link and instructions are on page 50.
▶️What formats are included?
- Printable PDF version.
- Powerpoint presentation version.
- Google Slides version.
▶️What mode should I use this in google slides?
This product is meant to be used in edit mode (not presentation mode). Edit mode is the only mode that allows drag & drop and writing in text boxes.